Friday, April 15, 2011

The Viper is Coming Back.......And I Think I Need New Pants.....




What you are looking at is a test mule of the 2012 Viper. I'm struggling to type this over the drool pouring from my mouth, but I'm going to try to persevere. Now first thing's first, there won't be a 2012 Viper. Relax, its going to be released in late 2012 for the '13 model year. Now the year is very important. In 2013 the government in all their infinite wisdom is going to require Active Stability Control on all new vehicles in the US. Yes, another useless electronic nanny that will do nothing but make people in this country worse drivers. It also will be the first driver's aid of any kind fitted to a Viper, ever. That's why they're testing it in the snow, to make sure the system works. By the looks of the testing, the system works and Dodge engineers have tapped into my dreams at night. Good news is that the system is supposedly going to be able to be turned off, and there will still be no traction control, or automatic gearbox, so I'm cool with it. It's also going to have around 700bhp from its V10. No idea on the looks, as they've been testing an old 2010 chassis. Either way, since its still my second favorite car of all time, stay tuned here for additional updates on this awesome project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment