Monday, June 13, 2011

Trying to Make an 06 a 56 Part 1

Good Morning Tuned subscribers I know it has been ages since my last article, but the end of the semester rush took alot of out of my free time. To continue, I did a little customization to my car. I am surprised to be talking about my daily before my toy on the blog. My daily driver is a 2006 Chevrolet HHR which was built for competition against Chrysler's PT Cruiser. Shown below is the car stock.





I was itching to do some customization but new wheels and tires were way too expensive. I believe if you are to customize a car you have to do it in respect to the car. This car is molded after a 49 Chevrolet Suburban the only way to go with this car is RETRO!


Just a few weeks ago I saw a truck with Bonneville Salt Flat wheel covers and asked my dad "How much are those?" He said about "30 dollars a piece". As soon as I arrived home and did my research. I found a site that offered them but upon reading the fine print I noticed "will not fit Rav 4, Element, or HHR. I was so hurt I didn't notice the finer print "For Hubcaps that will fit click here". I stumbled upon a page featuring "Full Moon Smoothie Hubcaps". I did not hesitate to place the order! The package was sent out the next day, but a disappointing one week until delivery was brutal.


With no work on the delivery day I figured I would clean the car and wait for the UPS driver to deliver the goods. Photo shown below on the black steel wheels.

"Tune" in later this evening to see an entire post on the retro conversion!




No comments:

Post a Comment