Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Evo is Dead, Long Live the SRT-8?

Well today we got good news and bad news. The bad news is Mitsubishi has decided to kill the Lancer Evolution. There will be no Evo XI. Because that makes sense. Kill off your only noteworthy car. I honestly can't think of any other cars they build, and thats sad. Mitsu used to have a stellar line-up, The Evo, the 3000GT, a seemingly endless supply of VR-4s. Real drivers cars. Those of you who know me, know I hate Jap cars. But I've always had a special place in my heart for Mitsubishi. They were the only Jap company I'd even think of buying from. But not anymore, as they're replacing the Evo with a series of electric cars. This replacing of performance cars with hippie-mobiles maybe a trend. But thats another post entirely......

The good news is that Ford has released more details about the Boss Mustang. It'll cost around 40k, produce 415hp at the rear wheels. It will also come with a "race key" which turns off all computer aids and lumps up the idle. I.....want.......one.

In the "WTF Dept" Chrysler has released more details about the new Charger SRT-8. It will feature a 6.4 litre Hemi (we're almost back to its original 7-litre form) an 8-speed auto-stick gearbox, boasting economy and preformance (yeah, good luck with that) and a body that's a blantant rip-off of the Lancer Evo that has just been axed. Don't believe me? You be the judge.

First the Charger.....

Now the Evo.......


No comments:

Post a Comment