Monday, September 26, 2011

Keeping it a Ford

One of my favorite cars are street rods. I love the 30's, 40's and 50's cars. These cars are just the definition of cool, they have character that the newer tuner cars lack.

One my favorites is the 32 Ford. The car pictured below is a 32 5 window coupe, i came across it at a local car show. The car caught my eye the second i came up to it I saw all the bolts on the engine, I saw the distributor in the front the car had Ford Flathead V8!

I told the owner of the car you did a great job building the car, i like the fact you didn't put a Chevy V8 in it. He was quick to respond "it is not that hard to put a Ford in it." and he appreciated the comment. Don't get me wrong the 32 in American Graffiti had a Chevrolet engine in it and that is by far one of my favorite movie cars. I just have more respect if it is built with a engine of the same manufacture.


On another note i like the little touches of this street rod. Such as keeping the fenders on it, the moon hubcaps with painted wheel, white wall tires and chrome beauty rings. The owner left the bumpers on it, this car is done up in a tasteful way. If he ever needed to sell the car or sell it to move on to the next project he should have no worries getting offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment